When you give your gently used goods to KARM Thrift Store, it all goes back into the community through the work of Knox Area Rescue Ministries. Donations can be made by dropping off gently used items at any of our store locations or through a scheduled pickup.
KARM Thrift Stores provide FREE pickup of large household items for residents of Knoxville and most of Knox County. When we schedule a pickup of your large items, we may also accept a limited quantity of smaller items. Donated items should be in good sellable condition.
Please call (865) 521-0770 to schedule a pickup time. We will return your call within 24-hours and can usually arrive within a day or two, Mondays through Saturdays, based on the available schedule below.
|Mondays||9:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Tuesdays||9:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Wednesdays||9:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Thursdays||9:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Fridays||9:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|Saturdays||9:30 am to 5:30 pm|
The most convenient way to make a donation of most items is to drop off your donated items at any area KARM Thrift Store. You will be greeted warmly and receive a receipt of your donation. And if you attend a church participating in Corners Of Your Field, we’ll note it and send gift cards to your church for their use in helping others.
Donations can be made at any KARM Thrift Stores based on the following schedule.
|Mondays||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Tuesdays||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Wednesdays||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Thursdays||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Fridays||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Saturdays||9:30 am to 6:00 pm|
Large Household Items (call to schedule a pick-up)
- Furniture – tables, chairs, bedroom, living room, dining room, desks (up to 5ft long), large area rugs, bed frames, mattresses, etc.
- Appliances – washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, table-top microwave oven, etc. (10 years old or less).
- We may also accept TVs up to 36 inches (7 years old or less).
Smaller Items (a limited quantity of these may be included in a pick-up of large items)
- Lamps, vacuum cleaners, tools, small area rugs, artwork, lawn mowers (no fuel in tank), space heaters, etc.
- Kitchen utensils, glassware, pots/pans, toys, games, nick-knacks, electronics, jewelry, etc. (packed in boxes).
- Clothing, shoes, coats, linens, pillows, towels, etc. (packed in clean garbage bags).
Items We CANNOT Accept
- Pianos, organs, slate pool tables, dishwashers, gas appliances, built-in appliances, waterbeds, large fish tanks.
- Construction supplies, paint, doors, sinks, window blinds, carpet remnants, tires, auto parts.
- Any item needing extensive repairs or with very noticeable tears, holes, stains, or odors (smoke/pets/mildew/chemicals).
Click here to access our Donor Feedback Form.